PLEASE READ - Important information about Eid Al-Adha prayer at City Island on Aug 11, 2019
As'Salaamu Alaiykum -
- We urge all brothers and sisters to do carpooling as much as possible to the Eid prayer at City Island. Please consider parking on the Harrisburg and Camp Hill streets near the Walnut Street bridge and get a nice walk. Also, it will be easy to get out if you need to rush back for Qurbani/Udhiya.
- At City Island, make sure you park correctly at the parking spots, as double parking and such would get ticketed by the City Island Parking Authority.
- Volunteer vans will be there to shuttle handicap/elderly people if needed, in'shaa'Allah. Please look for Handicap Drop-off signs.
- Some of the amenities like Mini Golf, Cafe, Riverboat, Trolly (mini train) & Carousel will open early for us to enjoy the day.
- Halal food carts may also be there.
- There's a 10 mins walk from the parking lot to the soccer field. Please consider that extra time when you leave home and try to arrive a bit early, in'shaa'Allah.
- Please make sure to bring your prayer rugs.
- If there's a need for you to sit in a chair please try to bring a picnic chair that's easy to carry.
- If you or your kids are allergic to bugs please consider bringing a bug spray, as there could be minor bug annoyance in the morning in the open field.
- City, State & Private police in addition to Park Rangers from City Island will be handling security at City Island.
- For more information please watch this video, [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOmNxOwGss](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOmNxOwGss)
Let’s have a safe and blessed Eid, in'shaa'Allah.
EID MUBARAK to all of you!
Google Map Location:
245 Championship Way, Harrisburg, PA 17101