About Islamic Center of PA
Fifteen years have passed since the beginning of the Al-Hikmeh Institute. The most recent addition was the leasing of a Masjid located on Carlisle Pike, known as the Islamic Center of Pennsylvania (ICP). While this is a grand achievement for the Muslim community, as well as the entire community as a whole, Allah's well first and then the dedication and heart put into the foundation of the Al-Hikmeh Institute is what has lead to this achievement.
1992 was the birth of the Al-Hikmeh Institute. There were no classrooms, no separate housings, nothing - the origin of the Al-Hikmeh Institute can be found at 2 Riverview Drive in Enola, Pennsylvania. Here, approximately two to three families attended classes, held in the living room of the current ICP Imam's house. Once five families registered their children to learn the Arabic language and the Islamic religion, the living room became too crowded and the "school" moved to the basement. This is where the Al-Hikmeh Institute prospered for many years.
As contributions from various community members, the dream of having a Masjid and Islamic/Arabic School became a reality at the West shore Area. Currently, the number of students attending the Al-Hikmeh Institute ranges from 70-90 students per semester! However, this is far too much responsibility for one person alone, so the Imam entrusted a group of trustworthy men to make up the council for the Islamic Center of Pennsylvania.
In addition, recognition for the teachers that help spread the knowledge to the students of where they came from, and what they believe in is in order since the school could not exist without them. Furthermore, a great thanks to the community is in order for having their children attend the Al-Hikmeh Institute and join in the congregation of prayers at ICP, because without them, there would be no school to begin with. What is to come of the Al-Hikmeh Institute in the coming years is still in the knowledge of Allah; however, one can only hope that it will be even more prosperous than it already is.
5138 East Trindle Road
5 Salah Performed
Wudu Facility Available
Onsite Parking Available
To establish a formal place of worship for the Muslim community in the West shore area of Harrisburg, to promote the authentic knowledge of religion, performing worships and inviting people to Allah.
KNOWLEDGE: Understanding how Allah wants you to Know Him
So know (La 'illah 'ila Allah) (none has right to be worshiped but Allah) And ask forgive for your sins, and also (for the sins of) the believing men And believing women. And Allah knows well your moving about, and Your of rest (in your homes). (Qur'an 47,19)
WORSHIP: Closeness to Allah to increase our strength by Him
Say (oh Mohammad) Verily, My Salat (prayer) my sacrifice, my living, and dying are for Allah the lord of Universe (mankind, jinn and all that exists). He has no partner. And of this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims. (Qur'an 6, 162/162)
INVITATION: Our laboratory of knowledge and worship
Say (oh Mohammad) "This is my way, I invite unto Allah (Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whoever follows me (also must invite others to Allah. And Glorified and Exalted is Allah (above all that they associate as partners with Him. And I am not of the polytheist pagans, idolaters and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah" (Qur'an 12,108)
And their last call verily thanks the Lord of universe.
EHLO SUNNET WELJEMAH:
For Arabic Version, please click here.
In The Name of Allah Most Merciful Most Beneficent
All praise to Allah the Lord of Universe, peace and blessing be upon the most honorable of His creation & His messengers Mohammed (may Allah’s blessing and peace be upon him).
We all declare and say that we are proud to be from among the (‘Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah’) Sunni Sect, praise to Allah on this boon. We at the Islamic Center of Pa, Al-Hikmeh, since day one its establishment & we have been continuing on this direction (‘Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah’). We believe strongly with no doubt that this way is the truth and the justice, and what Allah (glory to Him) intended for the believers and the Muslims to adopt as a religion’s creed, this should instill in us a great hearty power and unruly doctrine. From obvious matter, that the powerful one does not afraid of his feeble rival. Consequently, “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” should not worry and heed for all other opponent or anti-other religions calls.
My point is that our venerable scholars and the honorable callers (Do’Aat) only pay attention to educate, teach, simplify the principals & the properties of supposed to be the victorious “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” and spread it among its populous first and to the rest of the world, and what compliment this work is the practical application of this ideology among themselves. People in general respect statements as long it matches actions on ground of reality; Allah Almighty says: So oh you believe why you say what you do not do!
When the fight and the accusations; either false or true stopped between the parties of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” under what called competition’s slogan, or people of true Islam what they like to themselves – as if the rest of the Muslims are true Muslims, especially the reputable and well known parties, and the cease fire and accusations reach to charitable establishments, universities, colleges, mosques, and the distortion and dispersion stopped too, then these changes take its way to the populous, and try to build new culture; the culture of accepting & helping violators, opposition and resolve our contentions without freezing ourselves from working or proliferation. The unity and standing firm between the particles of the group even though ulterior or exterior strife such; mistakes, sins and disobedience are existed because this is the nature of the human beings to be different. People had been created to think, approach differently to benefit from patience and bearing others. When strife or contentions appears in a group “Jemaeh”, it should be corrected in a legitimate way, so everyone in the nation; old and young stays holding to unity of Allah and to foundations (principals) of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” , then we start moving toward the right direction to become a “productive nation”, also earn respect of other nations. An individual seeks the truth and reaches to the “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” principals will hold to it strongly, and it will become a life for him/her. Because the methodology of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” is clear, no hidden agenda, moderate between of all sects, and agrees to the human’s nature; So set thou thy face steadily and truly to the Faith: (establish) Allah's handiwork according to the pattern on which He has made mankind: no change (let there be) in the work (wrought) by Allah: that is the standard Religion: but most among mankind understand not.
This creed or ideology rejects the extreme and all its types, one of the most important particles of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” does not reject any person’s faith out of the fold of Islam until he/she pronounces himself as a disbeliever or negate the two testifies (bearing witness there is no God but Allah, and Mohammed is Allah’s messenger), and what are our scholars on; whoever denies something well known in the religion as necessity or leaves such thing either will be out of the fold of Islam or apostasy, and this is a verbal disbelief. The principals (Roots) of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” does not consider the sinners who committed major sins out of the fold of Islam in the exception of polytheism, needless to say, even if they did not repent from their sins, they will be left to Allah to forgive them or to punish them if He wishes.
We ask ourselves what are these foundations and principals (roots) that people of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” follows that form their creed and supposingly they build their societies on? I am simplifying some of these major roots for regular Muslim to be able to understand them, at the same time for us to see how far we go in applying these principal (roots) in our life?
Some of the Principals (Roots) for “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah”
1. All pillars of faith, believing in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, Hereafter and Divine Preordainments, good or bad, for example when our scholars talk about believing in Allah (glory to Him), they mention “monotheism of Allah”, “monotheism of Lordly”, and monotheism of Allah’s names & attributes. The integrity of Allah as He mentioned it to Himself, also as the prophet (peace and blessing upon him) described Him cleansed from defects, shortcoming, extremes of non-representation of His or Metaphor, disability or interpretation, and as He presented Himself (nothing like Him and He is All hearing and all Seeing) Shooreh.
2. Our Scholars may Allah be merciful on them explained that the Qur’an is the book of Allah and His words (talk) and descended from Allah and not a creature, it is the greatest of all others heavenly Allah’s books, there is no shortage or addition, no changes took place in it nor will, and no distortion will happen to it because Allah promise of it integrity.
3. About Mohammed (blessing and peace be upon him), the “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” has a firm believe that he is the messenger, the illiterate, and the sealed of all prophets and messengers, and he is the infallible, no infallibility of human beings after him. As the scholars went in their explanations of the divine preordainments (good or bad), many sects differ in their understanding to this pillar; one opinion says; human has no will what so ever, what had been decreed (written) would pass on him/her, other opinion is completely the opposite where man creates his/her deeds and Allah has no ability to guide or misguide him/her. In between of these two concepts, the creed of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” says the human being has choice but his choice tied with will of Allah, Allah says; And you will but as Allah wills, also we believe that humans do actions, and Allah is their creator and the creator of their action, And Allah created You and what you do. This concept proves that Allah gives the servant will and made it a subsidiary to Allah’s will, and the servant got a zeal that stems from his faith in Allah and things happen by Allah’s permission for servant to earn patience on the time afflictions, and strengthen him at the moments of trials to stay away from sins, and strive to distance himself from disability, laziness and panic.
4. This faith in the roots “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” is: Say, deed, and intention (Allah). Faith increases by obedience and decrease by disobedience, and faith is not only say and deed without intention (Allah), and not only information (knowledge) without say or deed.
5. Another root in “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah”, they do not accuse any specific individual with disbelief until he/she commits what void his/her Islam, and whatever was from the major sins away from polytheism, they won’t sentence any one with disbelief – statement or action-even if sinners did not repent from what they committed of sins, they would be left under the mercy of Allah; if He wishes forgave them or if He wishes punished them and they won’t stay forever in the hell fire; Allah does not forgive anyone takes partner with but He does forgive any sin other than polytheism. Also, as narrated in the 2 authentic books of Hedith; will brought out of the hell fire any one said: no god but Allah, and there is an atom of good in his heart.
6. The principal (root) the group (Jemaeh) and leadership (Imameh): The group is the beloved prophet’s companions (may Allah blessing & peace be upon him), and whoever follow them and continued on their footsteps, and whoever abide with their methodology even though he/she was wronged in some particles (details).
7. Divergence and dispersion are not permissible in religion, or walking carrying strife among the Muslims, all differences should resolve according to Allah’s book and Sunneh of the prophet (blessing & peace be upon him), any one leaves the Muslim’s group should be advised and call him for a kind debate, Allah (glory to Him) said: If you differ in anything refer to Allah
8. Muslim people should not be judged on general statements (inconstant) in Allah’s book, authentic talk of Allah’s messenger, or the consensus/p>
9. It’s not permissible testing the populous by delicate matters or the deep meanings.
10. Praying behind a regular Muslim (illiterate who does not know what he is on or how much attained of knowledge) is correct, and leaving prayer behind him because of his ignorance is innovation.
11. Prohibit fighting the rulers if they commit sins but not (disbelief).
12. Loving the prophet (blessing and peace be upon him) and his family, veneration all his wives; the mothers of the believers with recognition their virtues and their sacrifice in religion.
13. Loving the honorable companions; all of them were fair and honest, and witness to their faith, and they were the frontiers in helping the prophet (blessing & peace be upon him) at all times, and their sacrifice with every precious thing they had. They are the best men and women in this nation. Loving them is a well-known constant principal in religion to its necessity. The best ones among them are the guided (rulers) Khalifas in their order according to their ruling; Abo Bekr, Omar, Othman, and Ali.
14. Join the good and forbid bad, and it’s one of the greatest rites in Islam, and one the causes to protect the group, it is obligatory due to ability of individual and the interest of the community. The scholars show that forbidding bad only take place in case of removing this bad and replacing it with more good or less bad than the one was removed.
But, it is essential to bear in mind that a person cannot be in the process without having any knowledge. To have the basic knowledge of Islam is a prerequisite of enjoining the good and forbidding the evil. After that, a person must have the knowledge about the specific subject for which they are attempting to enjoin the good. Without the prerequisite knowledge, a person would be sinful for speaking for that which they know nothing about. Seeking knowledge is indeed a process that the Muslim must adopt endlessly throughout his or her life. In fact, one can sum this up with the saying adopted by a group from amongst the Muslims – “Learn, Practice, and Propagate. There are books, discussions and debates on this principal for its importance.
Some properties of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah”
1- Giving importance to the Allah’s book: recite, memorize, understand, apply, and love.
2- Importance of the five prayers and it’s the greatest rite in Islam.
3- Moderation in interpreting the creed, also moderation in deeds; so it won’t overburden or neglected.
4- Being conscious on holding the unity of Muslims on monotheism, and avoiding the causes of strife and contention among them
5- Calling people to the message of Allah.
6- Justice & kindness, and justice doesn’t mean equality.
7- Pay attention to the Muslims affairs and be part of them, try your utmost all time to have sincere intention in your deeds to Allah.
1- collective principals (roots) of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” in the creed, Dr. Nasir El-Eqil.
2- From the principal (roots) of “Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaah” Shiekh Saleh Al-Foozan.
3- Ette’hawiyeh’s Creed for reputable scholar sheikh Abu Je’afer Ette’hawi.